Breakfast of the Mansion Prepala!
Breakfast: an indispensable meal, offering spiritual and physical well-being, but also helps control weight.
Recognizing the beneficial properties of breakfast, we offer you a full and hearty breakfast in a green environment in the summer, while a special traditional room is available in winter to enjoy it. The use of local products of Pelion and especially of our region is one of the most important points of the traditional breakfast of the Prepala Mansion!
A few words about the beneficial properties of breakfast:
- In the morning, after the long-night fasting at night, the body needs energy.
- Recognizing the deprivation of energy required during sleep, he sees the fact of lack of food intake as a threat to his survival and automatically activates the defense mechanism for fewer burns to save energy by storing fat for future use.
- Consuming breakfast activates our metabolism, burns are increasing, and therefore, higher calorie consumption makes it easier to lose weight.
- The absence of morning meals keeps blood glucose levels low. This makes us more prone to snacking, which we use as a means of diluting our excess hunger until the time of lunch is reached. These are usually unhealthy snacks, which lack nutrients, fill us with "empty" calories and prevent weight loss.
- Eating breakfast also seems to dampen the effects of hormones, which contribute to weight gain. A study conducted in Wales found that there is a correlation between eating breakfast cereals and lower levels of cortisol, a stress hormone that, as experts say, stimulates appetite and promotes the dangerous accumulation of fat around the abdomen.
- The first meal of the day with the valuable energy and nutrients it provides to the body, stimulates its functions, which contributes to greater clarity, to feeling well and, of course, to improving our physical and spiritual performance. Research has shown that people who consume breakfast have better memory, are more active and more efficient in their work than those who miss breakfast.