Pelion attracts many visitors, both winter and summer. In winter it is preferred by those who wish to enjoy the beautiful mountains, the fresh air, the snow and skiing and wish to spend time in nature. In the summer vacationers are attracted by the beautiful beaches of Pelion for swimming, water sports, hiking, etc. Pelion remains uniquely beautiful all year and is suitable for any kind of activity as it has the appropriate infrastructure for hosting large groups of tourists.
Above, there are some topical attractions that take place mostly in the central square:
• Flower Festival - May
• International Dance Day - May
• Topical Festval of Holy Trinity - June
• National Symposium of Informatics - June
• Feast Tsipouro - early June
• Children's Folk Dance Festival - early June
• International Folk Dance Festival - late June
• Sausage Festival - July
• Pelion traditional Marriage - late August.
During autumn (in September), it is organised rally, the "Portaria Car Ascending" (for information: Volos Car Club, Tel.: 24210 55 339). From Aethri's balconies you can see the biger part of the rout!